Monday, January 1, 2018

2017 - My Year Of Reading

Well, it’s that time again. The end of year blog post to share my favourite books of the year. I gave myself a challenge to read 75 books in 2017. At the time I thought it was easily attainable, but it’s been a year full of ups and downs so my number was quite a bit lower. I still managed to get through 55 books. As in previous years it was a mixture of fiction, nonfiction and poetry. There were a few books I read in a day and there were times where I read nothing for a couple of months.

My top ten reads for the year were:

An Uncertain Grace by Krissy Kneen
The Sunlit Zone by Lisa Jacobson
Depression and Other Magic Tricks by Sabrina Benaim
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
A Boy Made of Blocks by Keith Stuart
Human (The Chronicles of Ivy Carter #1) by Hayley Camille
New Order: A Decluttering Handbook for Creative Folks by Fay Wolf
Little Black Lies by Sharon J Bolton
The Natural Way of Things by Charlotte Wood



Rather than the usual New Years resolutions, I am attaching a single word to the coming year. Intention. After feeling as though I didn’t spend my time wisely or achieve very much in 2017, I am planning on making 2018 the year of intention.

Happy New Year! I hope it’s a good one.






No comments:

Post a Comment